Thursday, December 29, 2011

D A I S O & D E N I M.

After my sister's rave reviews I paid a visit to the DAISO store in Chatswood today. 


In short, DAISO is a large store containing Japanese goods - everything from sticky tape dispensers to bath salts - with a flat price of $2.80 for every single item. Now, while I'm sure there are things there worth less than $1.00 there are certainly bargains to be found.


They even have nifty small trolleys you can manoeuvre around the aisles easily.


Of course I was at the beauty section like a moth to a flame upon entrance - but after collecting a mass of products I culled it down to just three. 
Clockwise from left: Beeswax Lip Balm in 'Beeswax and Mint', Desk Blotting Papers (winning!) and a Soft Bathtime Brush (so I can feel less guilty about brushing my hair when wet.)

Things I resisted buying today: tongue cleaners, hyaluronic acid serum, something shaped like a panda & a box of 190 soft cotton pads for makeup removal (the only thing I truly regret passing up.)

I am sure I will be back there soon enough and recommend it to all you Sydney-siders.

Before that I managed to use up a Myer gift card on a pair of shorts - I don't normally do fashion posts but I was quite pleased with these even though my collection of denim cutoffs is nearing excessive. They are from Bettina Liano's inexpensive 'T' line and I had admired them at full price and was pleased to see my size on sale.

Bettina Liano now shares a special place in my heart after being the brand from which I finally found my much sought after Neoprene dress (yes, Neoprene, wetsuit material), so I am forever indebted to her.




















1 comment:

  1. Love the shorts! The colour is fab! I need to pick up something similar :)

    ReplyDelete