Sunday, January 1, 2012

2 0 1 2 b e a u t y i n t e n t i o n s.

It's 2012! I'm not one for long lists of resolutions for each New Year but I do hope to see at least some of these things through to the end of this one:


1. Keep my skincare simple - I am notoriously frequent in switching out/adding products to my skincare routine and although it has never resulted in anything detrimental I think that having a smaller group of products on my sink/desk to deal with would make life easier. 


2. Don't dye my hair! Having kept this up for about a year and 1/2 already, I am hoping to continue the final wash out stages of all the dark semi-permanents that I put through in the past and have my hair back in it's near natural state.


3. Paint my nails regularly! In short, my nails are always bitten and keeping them painted aids me in that aspect, so I hope to keep them looking short, polished and shiny at all times where possible.


4. Minimise my base makeup purchases - it's a terrible habit of mine to continue to purchase base makeup without making a substantial dent in the previous product. It's more because I don't wear large amounts of eye makeup or blush, so I justify it to myself, however much of it is going to waste and I always find myself returning to MAC Face & Body regardless.


5. Fix my dry legs problem. Even if it means a trip to the dermatologist, I resolve to at least attempt to cure my dry legs. After shaving they are so itchy and dry that I scratch until I bruise or worse and it is now a problem I can no longer ignore. In conjunction, apply body butter to them each night.


I would love to know what your beauty plans for 2012 are.







1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions! I like natural hair too, but I have to dye it to cover up the grey ;)

    If your legs are super dry, try gentle exfoliation (muslin cloth or similar) and layering your products. If you apply hyaluronic acid or oil, then 'seal' it in with a body butter or shea butter, it should fix the problem (though it's a pain to apply) :)

    ReplyDelete