Tuesday, December 27, 2011

f i r s t a i d b e a u t y.

I'm a big fan of fuzkittie - I admire her commitment to skincare and her entire makeup ethos, and her raves pushed me over the edge into finally committing to purchasing the La Mer lip balm (which is worth every cent). So naturally when she mentioned First Aid Beauty in one of her review videos and supplemented that with featuring them in her skincare routine, I immediately sought to locate the brand and try some products.

A few months back, while briskly walking through David Jones I stopped short at a display - did my eyes deceive me? No, it was indeed stocked with First Aid Beauty. I purchased then and there the Ultra Repair Cream (petrolatum free), a large tub for $33.00 - only a small jump up from the $28.00 in the US should you buy it there. 

F.A.B 'Soothe and Smooth' Pack

The cream has a slight eucalyptus scent and despite its thick consistency, it has never caused a breakout - truly it is a great moisturiser. 

So I recently found for $24.95 the "Soothe & Smoothe" pack (pictured above) - full size balm, sample size Soy Face Cleanser, Shaving Cream and Day Cream.  



'Smooth Shave Cream' - creamy and gentle - a little goes a long way and the instructions note that. Nothing irks me more than a product that says "Use a generous amount" when usually just a small amount is needed. My dry legs are less irritated after shaving and take less time to shave.



'Face Cleanser' - foams up slightly with a pearlescent sheen, mild in fragrance and removes makeup well. However, it's not my first choice in cleanser as it is a little drying for my skin currently.


'Ultra Repair Lip Therapy' - a review will also be available on my lip balm Tumblr, but in short this balm is thick, matte and long lasting - a great buy.


'Daily Face Cream' - a lighter lotion moisturiser for everyday wear. I was very pleased with this product, it's very gentle and hydrates well. While I am wearing thicker creams currently this is my go-to for under-makeup moisture without shine or SPF (great for photography heavy situations.)

Overall I give this sample kit a solid 8/10. I am interested in the other face creams on offer from F.A.B - one with SPF, as well as the Detox Eye Roller.











No comments:

Post a Comment