Monday, December 26, 2011

m a g n o l i a n o b i l e.

I was lucky enough to receive a bottle of Acqua di Parma's 'Magnolia Nobile' for Christmas this year. I had, a month or so back, been browsing the Acqua di Parma shelves in David Jones to test out the Blu Mediterraneo range. While I found that range a little too acidic for my taste - I immediately became enamoured with 'Magnolia Nobile'. The small test spray on my wrist developed from a clean, citrus opening to a floral, warmer drydown without ever hitting sweet or strong. 






Admittedly, I do not excel at describing fragrances - but ADP describes it as:


"Top notes of Italian Bergamot, lemon, and citron blend seamlessly with magnolia accord, a rare ingredient extracted with time and dedication. The heart evolves with notes of rose, jasmine, and tuberose and the base notes unfold with sandalwood, patchouli, and vanilla."


The scent caught me off guard I suppose because it was quite unlike what I normally wear - clean fragrances in the aquatic, fresh, cool, unisex way. This scent is definitely feminine, however it's a floral (something I rarely wear) that is not overbearing. In short, it's a scent I want to wear every day, possibly forever. 






The packaging is also beautiful and refined. The whole affair is pure elegance - and on a slightly more negative note it makes my other perfumes seem just not right somehow. 


Have you ever had that "Eureka!" moment with a fragrance? 


No comments:

Post a Comment